Re: PCMCIA etherexpress pro 100

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 09:02:59PM -0400, Alain blanchetot wrote:
> I am very new in Linux.....  I have an PCMCIA ethernexpress pro/100
> installed (16 bits).  I am only interested in using the modem connection.
> The card is recognized and works on my VAIO computer. However, downloading
> is very slow, the modem also "stalled" when I surf.  I have the 2.2.17
> kernel and I am not sure that the xirc2ps_cs module is installed,
> recognized and well configured.  I bought this card recently and my machine
> was not originally configured for a modem connection
> Thank you for your help

	If you can I suggest you to upgrade your kernel. A few days ago
the latest was 2.4.3. It is a general advice trying to get the latest
kernel/drivers. Since vendors do not usually give you updated
Linux drivers, you have to look for them yourself.

	 I do no have tested eepro100 with pcmcia, but I ran into
trouble with my sis900 and the trouble vanished when I got Linux
2.4.2.

	I hope your problem will be solved.