Re: How to use touch pad and mouse?

> Can I get the touch pad and the ps2 mouse I'm using both to work?

I have an external PS/2 mouse on my toshiba laptop. The internal mouse replacement seems to be a PS/2 device. It does not work when I have the external mouse connected. I have one mouse section in XF86Config. I don't think they would work at the same time if I had two sections.

I used to have a serial mouse. The internal mouse worked at the same time the serial mouse was connected. I had two mouse sections in XF86Config. One of them must have an entry like "CorePointer" (can't remember exactly).

For more information read info XF86Config.

/dev/mouse should be a link to your mouse device.