Re: Badiane: CPU speed on my TP600X

Badiane Ka <badianedebian@yahoo.com> writes:

> My CPU speed on my laptop shows up as 132MHz instead
> of 500MHz.  Does anyone know how I can reset it?

You have a laptop with Speedstep and booted without AC power.  (Or, on
a thinkpad, with AC and without a battery installed.)  The CPU speed
is only checked on boot, not whenever it changes due to speedstep.  It
will still be faster or slower depending on whether you have AC
plugged in, even /proc/cpuinfo won't display the difference.

You can just reboot on AC power and /proc/cpuinfo will show the right
value, but it's just a cosmetic problem.

You are going to have a new love affair.