Re: Today's Challange

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 07:22:27PM -0800, Heather wrote:
> And if you want to boot from floppy or not at all -- perhaps as a security
> measure? -- then make sure a floppy is in, and use boot=/dev/fd0

 You can put this in lilo.conf to boot a floppy from lilo:
other=/dev/fd0
	 label=floppy
	 unsafe

 This lets you boot off the HD, so you can get into linux fast without
having the BIOS grind your FD.  If you want to boot off a floppy, you can do
so without going into the BIOS setup.  (The "unsafe" option makes it
possible to run /sbin/lilo without a floppy in the drive.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y