Re: 2.4/sid on toshiba satellite

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Drew Parsons wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 09:43:30PM -0800, Jim Nutt wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Did it autodetect using pnp or will I have to set isapnp=0 ?
> >
> > It's not pnp. In fact, as far as I can tell, nothing on the 490
> > is. That should have been !isapnp by the way, not !isapno <sigh>.
> >

> Good, that means the kernel was telling the truth when it said it couldn't
> find any pnp devices :)
>
> One last question, does your sound restart after a suspend-resume cycle?  I
> often found that sound would not be reset after resuming (though I tried to
  reset it using the /etc/apm facilities), and so I'd have to restart it
by
> hand.  Not hard to do, just irritating.

Yes mine has since 2.4.0 but not with the 2.2.* series kernels, I just
used to put up with it however I found after reloading the modules it
worked again or using init sound restart, this would even work as a user
without permissions, something woke the card up but I never looked into
it.

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.