Re: The Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100O+Modem 56 REM56-100 card...

> > Even if I do that my ethernet doesn't  handle  autonegotiation:
> > (from the logs):
> > eth0: autonegotiation failed; using 10mbs
> > eth0: MII selected
> > eth0: media 10BaseT, silicon revision 5
> > eth0: Xircom: port 0x300, irq 5, hwaddr 00:10:A4:E3:6E:E6
> > ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 5) is a 16550A
> > cardmgr[165]: executing: './network start eth0'
> > eth0: switching to 10BaseT port
> > eth0: autonegotiation dailed; using 10mbs
> > eth0: MII selected
> > eth0: media 10BaseT, silicon revision 5
> > eth0: autonegotiation dailed; using 10mbs
> > eth0: MII selected
> > eth0: media 10BaseT, silicon revision 5
> > cardmgr[165]: executing: './serial start ttyS2'
> >

> That's possibly a more serious issue.  But, if you don't mind me asking a
> stupid question, are you really sure you're on a 100Mbit network?  Are you
> connecting to a 100 Mbit hub?   If it is a 100 Mbit hub, are you sure your
> cables are of a sufficiently high quality to support a 100Mbit connection?
> If the cables are inferior, then you won't be able to get more to
10Mbit/s.
> I've tried connecting my laptop to an erstwhile 100Mbit network, but
> depending on which cable I used I got alternatively a 10Mb connection
(green
> light) and 100 Mbit (red light).

It doesn't matter any more since I fixed this with an option in
'/etc/pcmcia/network.opts'.
It still fails to autonegotiate, but then, when it executes the script
'network' it changes to
100Mbit sucessfully.

> So, again, your card seems to be working fine, you're just not on a
100Mbit
> network (or your cable is bad).

But isn't suppose to be 2 serials configured, one for ISDN and another for
my modem.
How can I tell if the configured serial is for my modem or my ISDN card?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo Diz