Re: Dell Inspiron 8000

>Is there a web page that maps chipsets to drivers?
Don't know
>How does one know that if
the Ethernet controller is an Intel 82557 then one should use the eepro100?
I had the same problem last week, a search on google solved it. (very fast, a
large number of mailing lists are archived as web pages and indexed by google).

Regards
(NOTICE. This message contains information which is confidential and the
copyright of our company or a third party. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message please delete it and destroy all copies. If you are the intended
recipient of this message you should not disclose or distribute this message to
third parties without the consent of our company.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states them to be the views of his company.
Our company does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of
this message has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors,
virus, interception or interference. The liability of our company is limited by
our General Conditions of Services.