Re: Friendliest Laptop??

G'Day !

I think my last posting bounced, so If this is a repeat ...

Ocean PC sells waterproof / shockproof PC's / Laptops to the boating comunity.
They are kind-of expensive though.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    elysium@tsoft
                    .com                 To:     Jonathan Crockett <jcrockett@midco.net>, debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
                                         cc:
                    03/06/01             Subject:     Re: Friendliest Laptop??
                    11:18 AM

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:34:27PM -0600, Jonathan Crockett wrote:
> This is just my opinion.  There are several portable computer categories.
> Mainly laptops, pda's and Thinkpads.  I firmly believe the best portable
> computers you can buy are the Thinkpads.  You get what you pay for.  I
> have worked on Dells, Compaqs, Microns, Gateways, Powerbooks, Toshibas,
> Acers, TIs, and IBM Thinkpads.  Once you have a Thinkpad, everything else
> is just a laptop.

Thinkpads are the main ones I have been looking at. But they still
run _hot_, so they're totally unsuitable for me. For other people,
great. But it fails one of my requirements. I'm not sure about how durable
the case is, either, but it seems pretty strong.

The Fujitsu LX(T|S) (http://www.dynamism.com/lx) look nice, too, but I
doubt their cases would be at all durable.

--
David Schmitt
(elysium@rawbw.com)