Re: upgrading to 'testing' failure

Brendan Simon wrote:

> X will not automatically work for kernels-2.1.18 and 2.4.x.  Well it's not
> directly the kernels fault, it is the new devfs and/or the new input layer that
> causes the problem.

Will *not* work for them?  I thought it wouldn't work without them, because the
generic pointer config has /dev/input/mice.  See bug #87854 against makedev, though
I may be wrong about solving the problem simply by adding that device node.  Does
it really need kernel new input layer support?

Zeen,

-Adam P.