Re: XF4.02 SiliconMotion driver hanging my ASUS 7300

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 12:20:05PM +0800, Jonathan Chang wrote:
> > Hi, there,
> >
> > 	My laptop is ASUS 7300 equipped with SMI 910 lynx
> > chip. Recently I upgraded XF4.0 to XF4.0.2, but the system hung after
> > "starx". Anyone has similar experiences??

Make sure your networking is in good shape.  My system loves to get a headache
if I forget  to cardctl eject when I'm not on a network :(

Also since startx is a shell script (unless it's been changed) you should
be able to add -x on its #! line and get it to tell you what's going on inside
its tiny little brain.

You could try runningt he X server "raw" just to see if that loads up.

> Yes, I have the same laptop and the same problem with all 4.0 versions I
> tried. I submitted a bug report to XFree86 about 2 or 3 months ago, but
> didn't get an answer yet.

Hmmm...

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...