Re: HP Pavilion N5270 (info requested)

> Before I asked, I looked at the Archives. I've also checked the Laptop
> HOWTOs at linux.org, and I've looked at the Linux laptop resource page
> (http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/), neither of them has
> anything on the model I have. After looking for the information on my own,
> I am going to ask the clueful of the list.
>
> Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with the HP Pavilion N5270 and
> Debian?

Are you sure this is a laptop?

I couldn't find anything useful on Google about an HP 5270, whether notebook
or not, whether Linux or not.  Maybe they only made 4 of it.  I did get lots
of hits on phone numbers with this suffix, and a Hitachi Visionbook model.

Either it is incredibly new (but then. why couldn't I find it at HP's own
site) or old and didn't sell well *at all*.

> I want to install Debian, with VMWare and Windows 98. I have a software
> that I need to do my job that only runs under Solaris and Windows. I've
> decided to go with the windows option so I can play certain games, and DVDs.
>
> Thank you in advance
> Chris

If you already have it, you can boot into rescue mode, read us the output
of lspci, and we can give it our best shot.

If you don't already have it, and don't have an opportunity to get chipset
data about it, I recommend getting something else... unless part of the
fun for you is figuring out very strange hardware.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...