2.4.1 on Inspiron 4000

Hey there,

I have woody installed comfortably on my laptop, but am trying to compile 2.4 so I can try out the ACPI and usb support.

My first problem is cardmgr trying to load the memory_cb module (which it never did using 2.2.17) and failing because I don't have it and can't seem to find it anywhere, I'm planning to try the pcmcia-cs package unless anyone has any other ideas.

The second more puzzling problem is that upon starting X in 2.4.1, I just get presented with a blank screen (not a turned off screen, just a blank one) and my machine locks up. A diff of the two relevent log files shows a bunch of lines which used to end in MXBE now end in MXB, and something about "Systen lacks support for MTRRs". Other than that, nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Chris.