From: Tom Hoover [mailto:lists+debian@hisword.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 06:45 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Best "new" laptop

I currently have a Toshiba 720CDT, and overall have been happy with it.  I
_may_ have an opportunity to get a new laptop (with someone else's money
:-).
I want to get feedback regarding "current" laptops on the market and how
well
they work with Linux.  My goal here is to get the fastest, lightest, Linux
compatible laptop out there.  Something with a "thin" form-factor and with
long
battery life, but with the horsepower to be a desktop replacement when
placed
in a docking station.  (I don't want much, do I?)  Since I'm in the
"dreaming"
stage right now, my question is this...

If you had an unlimited budget on which to spend on your "dream" Linux
laptop,
what would you buy and why?

--
Tom Hoover N5NTM <tom@hisword.net> - http://www.hisword.net/tom
    - checkout HisWord(tm) Palmtop Bible at the above URL -