Re: Turning off esd

Please note that this problem is addressed in the scripts for the
ALSA sound drivers furnished in the alsa-base package (... get the
latest version).  The package includes a file
/usr/lib/alsa-base/snd-dev-utils which contains bash functions
which you may find useful.

Thomas
Please reply not to the return address of this message but to
jdthood_AT_yahoo.co.uk

> I would like to automatically turn off the Enlightenment Sound Deamon
> (esd) and remove the sound modules before suspending my laptop and turn
> everything back on when resuming. Otherwise sound does not work anymore
> after resuming and I have to reload the modules manually. I tried
> putting "esdctl off; modprobe -r i810_audio, etc." into a script in
> /etc/apm/event.d. However this does not seem to work since esdctl is
> executed from the root account and esd was started from a normal user
> account by Gnome.
>
> Did anyone already solve this problem? I appreciate all suggestions!

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/