Re: does anyone have x working on a thinkpad 365XD?

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Michael Bauer wrote:

> > it's the 11.3 active matrix model.   i've found other people's configs
> > online, but none of them seem to be helpful at all.  the best i've gotten
> > is 640x480 with messed up colors and flickering that makes it impossible
> > to read, much less look at.
>
> It would be useful, if you give us informations of the graphic-card. I
> got a Thinkpad 310D with a chips&tech 655xxx graphic card. X works quite
> fine for me
>
> > however, people apear to have gotten 800x600 8bit just fine.  do i NEED
> > to use xfree 3.2 instead of 3.3.6 out of potato?
>
> Yes I have 800x600 8bpp. I had to fiddle round with the XF86Config file
> to get that. something with hsync i think.

Perhaps you could try to obtain the screen video timings from IBM, I'm
sure they'll be helpful then you will easily get the resolution you want,
I find the shell version of XF86Setup most helpful when entering video
timings by hand.

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.