Re: does anyone have x working on a thinkpad 365XD?

I believe my 365X is the same as your 365XD, at least video-wise.  Mine is an
active matrix running on a Trident Cyber chipset.  Attached is my X86Config file,
which runs 800x600 @ 8-bit. This particular config is for a virtual screen size
of 1152x900.  I'm running potato w/ whatever version of x comes standard with
potato.  This config also worked under slink.  Good luck.

Forrest English wrote:

> it's the 11.3 active matrix model.   i've found other people's configs
> online, but none of them seem to be helpful at all.  the best i've gotten
> is 640x480 with messed up colors and flickering that makes it impossible
> to read, much less look at.
>
> however, people apear to have gotten 800x600 8bit just fine.  do i NEED
> to use xfree 3.2 instead of 3.3.6 out of potato?
>
> any help here would be great.  i like the console fine... but, x would be
> nice.
>
> --
> Forrest English
> http://truffula.net
>
> "I don't like this air, but that doesn't
> mean I'm going to stop breathing."
> -Doug Martsch
>
> --
# File generated by anXious - the Debian X Configuration Tool
# anXious and xviddetect are (c) 2000 Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>

# Suggestions and bug reports about this tool should be sent to
# xviddetect@packages.debian.org

# ***************************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config(4/5) man page for details about the format of
# this file. A more thoroughly commented version of this configuration
# file can be found in /usr/share/doc/xserver-common/examples/XF86Config.eg
# ***************************************************************************

Section "Files"
	RgbPath		"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic/:unscaled"
        FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic/"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
	ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
EndSection

# Section "Module"
# Load "xf86Jstk.so"
# EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
#	NoTrapSignals
#	DontZap
#	DontZoom
#	DisableVidModeExtension
#	AllowNonLocalXvidtune
#	DiableModInDev
#	AllowNonLocalModInDev
EndSection

Section "Keyboard"
	Protocol "Standard"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#    XkbDisable

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    XkbModel    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    XkbModel    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
# or:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
#    XkbVariant  "nodeadkeys"
# if you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    XkbOptions  "ctrl:swapcaps"

# These are the default XKB settings for XFree86
#    XkbRules    "xfree86"
#    XkbModel    "pc101"
#    XkbLayout   "us"
#    XkbVariant  ""
#    XkbOptions  ""

	XkbKeymap "xfree86(en_US)"

EndSection

Section "Pointer"
#	Protocol "PS/2"
#	Device "/dev/mouse"
	Protocol "ps/2"
	Device "/dev/psaux"
	Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"My Monitor"
	VendorName	"Unknown"
	ModelName	"Unknown"

	HorizSync 25-64
	VertRefresh 50-90

# This is a set of standard mode timings. Modes that are out of monitor spec
# are automatically deleted by the server (provided the HorizSync and
# VertRefresh lines are correct), so there's no immediate need to
# delete mode timings (unless particular mode timings don't work on your
# monitor). With these modes, the best standard mode that your monitor
# and video card can support for a given resolution is automatically
# used.

modeline "800x600" 50 800 856 976 1040 600 637 643 666 +hsync +vsync

EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier "My Video Card"
	VendorName "Unknown"