Mouse on fire

Hello all,

For a couple of weeks now I've been trying to configure X on my laptop with
my A4 Tech WWW-11 mouse (PS/2). The XFree 3.6 was all right when configred
as IMPS/2. However, after switching to XFree 4.0, the mouse behaves funny.
It works all right for a couple of seconds, then just jumps erratically all
over the screen, pressing buttons at random, and then again a couple of
seconds of proper behavior, again and again.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Is it a laptop problem, or maybe a
mouse/X problem?

Thanks in advance,
Artur Guja