Re: trapped in the throes of install...

At 06:05 PM 1/5/01 -0600, you wrote:
Hi all,

I've downloaded the Debian 2.2r2 B1 image, and have been attempting to install it on a Toshiba 1715XCDS Laptop. I've successfully repartitioned the Hard Disk, Installed the kernel and created a user account, but I have 2 problems which are frustrating my efforts.

The first of these is the install when run with dselect indicated that XFree86 would be installed, but I do not see the xf86config program /usr/X11R6/bin . The only files in that directory are
cardinfo and gxditview .

I would like to get X running, and I know that the graphics chips in the laptop support 800x600x16M colors at 60Hz, but I am at a loss about what I need to do next. anXious doesn't recognize the chipset, probably because its an AGP version. Others have had success with Toshiba laptops, so I think it's something I missed somewhere...

The second problem is that man is MIA... leaving me pretty much in the dark. in particular, I want to mount the cdrom
to see what's hiding on the B1 disk...

I'm not positive but it sounds to me like you need to get the B2 image, Potato binaries are on 2 disks and AFAIK you need both of them as they each have some of the important base stuff and some other things as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nate

73 de KG6BZQ

Matt M.