Re: hard disk drive

none of the hard drive options work.... hdc, hdd ...etc...

i have another question since we are on this .....
this might make things a little bit more complex, as it is (if anyone has
been following the threads of emails I have beensending would be confused
as to what I am trying to achieve!!)

 i cant help smiling at the whole interest i have created(have I??) :)

I WILL be using the dock'c SCSI port to connect to a SCSI CD-ROM drive....
and since you mention the change in device names for devices in the dock
.... what MIGHT this device be recognised as by the kernel?? hd* or sd*
????
any clues???

and you can go ahead and publish this stuff on the gazette as long as you
trim off personal stuff, which i have a bad habit of writing in my emails
:), and other things that might not make a thread in the chain.

thanks,
Praveen Kamath