How to switch PCMCIA network config

Hi,

I have a laprop with Potato on it. I have a PCMCIA ethernet card which
I use to plug my laptop in different networks.
The way I do it, I have several network.opts.xxxx files under /etc/pcmcia
one fore each network I plug in.

When I switch network, I use a simple 'switch' script to change the network
parameters.
It does the following:
   /etc/pcmcia/network stop eth0
   cp /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.$1 /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
   /etc/pcmcia/network start eth0

All this works well enough. But I half remember that I read something
about 'schemes'(??), which was designed to make the configuration
switch automatically ( assuming that I remember correctly and I understood
correctly what I read).
I can't find anymore any docs related to this.
Anybody knows what I'm talking about? ( or any way to make config switch
easier? ).

Ciao
-----
FB