Turning off esd

Hi,

I would like to automatically turn off the Enlightenment Sound Deamon
(esd) and remove the sound modules before suspending my laptop and turn
everything back on when resuming. Otherwise sound does not work anymore
after resuming and I have to reload the modules manually. I tried
putting "esdctl off; modprobe -r i810_audio, etc." into a script in
/etc/apm/event.d. However this does not seem to work since esdctl is
executed from the root account and esd was started from a normal user
account by Gnome.

Did anyone already solve this problem? I appreciate all suggestions!

TIA,

Felix