Re: debian/laptops and Mac Airport

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 01:36:43PM +0200, A. Demarteau (linux rules!) wrote:

> is it possible to intergrate a Mac Airport card in a PC-base laptop and
> control it via linux?
> I remember I have read something somewhere, but I don't remember where.

I saw some mail somewhere about an open-source attempt to build a proper
kernel module for the Airport cards a while back, but I don't have a
reference.

If you're just trying to get a Debian laptop to connect to an Apple
Airport base station, I do that every day with a Lucent (now Orinoco)
WaveLAN card and the wavelan_cs PCMCIA driver.

If you need more info, feel free to ask.

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>