Laptop eth0 problems

Hi folks,

I've got an HP Pavillion 5195 laptop, pretty new. I did some research, and
found out that supposedly the internal ethernet card on this thing used tulip
drivers. In fact the support folks from Accton, the folks who made the card,
sent me a tulip driver for the card. The card is the EN2242 Mini PCI Series.

The generic tulip failed during the install. Then, in trying their tulip - I
put thier tulip.o into /lib/modules/2.2.17/net, and added the line:

alias eth0 tulip

to the /etc/modutils/aliases file, then running 'modprobe eth0' I get a mess
of errors:

unresolved symbol eth_type_trans_Rf207cad1
etc. (8 of those - different symbols)

What am I missing here? Is this hopeless and I'll have to go to a PC card,
and they don't know what they are talking about - or is there hope?

(BTW, the unhappy thing is that after install, it froze on trying to start up
PCMCIA services (the slot is empty) so I may have a host of problems to deal
with there.)

Michelle

--
MIchelle Murrain