Re: Sony PCG-C1VN PictureBook, ATI Rage Mobility

> i believe its supported on xf4.01
> What you can try whch is painful but gets results
> is installd redhat have it confiure your monitor well
> (which it will do)

dexter has been mentioned as a decent ocnfiguration tool.  XF86Setup
remains my favorite *if* your system works with the VGA16 server.  And I
am fairly proficient at dealing with xf86config, though it's not like it
takes much (if you already know your chipsets).

> then keep the /etc and look it as a guide to how to to set
> up your screen
>
> i like debian a lot
>
> but RH has a smoother install
> but it hides what it does to much.

I hear that Libranet is kinder to laptops in its current revision, anyone
have experience with it?

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...