Re: Help required: pcmcia-source/kernel-source-2.2.17 problem?

Hi All!

I'm back to report success!  Thanks to all of you!

For those interested in the details of the solution:

I didn't need to download the kernel and pcmcia-cs sources to get it to
work.  Alexander's explanation that I had to run 'make config' in the
"/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs" modules (and saying no to CardBus support)
did the trick.  Then I simply ran "make-kpkg modules_image" from the
kernel source directory, installed the package, and it worked!

So, in summary, I needed to do the following:

$ cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.17
$ make-kpkg clean
$ make menuconfig
$ make-kpkg --revision=laptop.1.1 kernel_image
$ cd /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs
$ make config
$ cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.17
$ make-kpkg --revision=laptop.1.1 modules_image
$ cd ..
$ dpkg -i *laptop.1.1*.deb

Etienne
Etienne M. Gagnon, M.Sc.                     e-mail: egagnon@j-meg.com