Re: strange melting screen when X starts

Thanks very much! I made some more progress in the weekend. I can login
as normal user after I deleted the .xsession file in the user's home
dir. I think I made a big mess when I was upgrading X. Hopefully, it
works now and my system hasn't hanged up till now.

About the floppy LED problem, I think I'll have to contact my laptop's
manufacturer. Probably it's mad after too many times hard restart.

I compiled kernel 2.2.17 in the weekend, but didn't notice that it can
help with my display. I would be very thankful if you can tell me more.

Lin

       __o       o