Re: Debian on a thinkpad i1540

>I have an IBM thinkpad i-series 1540 with a Netgear FA410tx pcmcia card, I
>want to install debian from the net, but I didn't have success trying with
>debian 2.1, It didn't recognize the pcmcia card.  Any ideas?

I think that card is supported OK. I've installed debian via the net and
PCMCIA many times and it works a dream. There is one step during the
installation where you have to take an alternate choice ("Configure PCMCIA
Support"), not the default ("Install the Base System", I think). When you've
got PCMCIA working you then do "Configure the Network" and then you have the
option of installing by ftp, nfs or whatever.

Christopher Hicks