Re: mp3 use - laptop purchase

Hi Ben,

I've used a toshiba sattelite for 18 months now its sound card is an
OPL3-SA3 which means its a 3D Yamaha Chip, the sound is great especially
through an amplifier.

The only minor glitch I found was that after being returned from standby I
needed to restart sound with the start up script, you don't even have to be
root to execute it as the sound card just needs the signal to wake up.

look for the sound script in your rc*.d directories and execute 'sound
-restart' if you experience this problem.

Good luck,

Peter Firmstone.