Re: Lilo on dell 7500 - disk geom

OK I've been hearing that flame recently, maybe I'll take listen to it
more.

The problem is that my disk geometry is set to 240 heads 63 sectors and
1299 cylinders. I would rather not change this manually.

My swap part starts at 566 and ends at 601.
My linux partition starts at cylinder 602 and ends at 1299.
I guess that the boot block was installed at some point beyond the
1024th cylinder.

Is that what's happening?

During installation I was asked if i wanted to create a Linux FS at the
beginning of the free space or at the end. By choosing install at the
end I was able to make the partition larger. Is this because by
installing at the beginning of the free space it could only use up to
1024 cylinders?

Thanks,
Chris