Re: LiveWire Ethernet card, anyone?

On Wednesday 2 February 2000, at 13 h 38, the keyboard of Jim Lynch
<jim@laney.edu> wrote:

> Read carefully the list where you read your pcmcia card (whatever kind it is)
> is supported. It should tell you the version of pcmcia you need.

I did it, and I wrote it in my message.

> As always,
> you either should get kernel-image and version-match it to pcmcia-modules
> packages, or else build kernel package then build pcmcia packages.

I know that and, as I said, I tested on two different laptops (one having a
working PCMCIA card). I gave the version numbers in my message.

> then make sure you have only one kernel image package installed.

As I wrote in my message, the kernel and PCMCIA-CS on one laptop were compiled by hand. The other machine is a pure slink, with its default kernel and PCMCIA-CS.