Remapping Keyboard Keys

(Sortof on-list-topic)

Last October, I had the misfortune to spill my coca-cola on my laptop keyboard.  The soft drink landed on the "Fn" key, between "alt" and "ctrl"... Very very bad misfortune.

At the time, I didn't know how to field-strip my Tecra to remove and rinse the keyboard.  I allowed the sugar to dry on the keyboard and it eventually shorted out the left-most keys on the board.

I was wondering if there was any way to remap the keys affected by the cola-spill to working, but unused keys on the right-hand side.  I am able to remap the keys in X, but I have no clue where to begin working to alleviate the console situation.

BTW, if anybody has a connection to buy replacement Toshiba keyboards, let me know.  I would be very grateful.