Re: Problems with pcmcia on potato (on Dell Latitude)

I've been having a similar problem with my PCMCIA card.  According
to various pages on the web, the solution is to use the latest release of
the PCMCIA stuff.  I solved my problem by just plugging my Dell into
its docking station and installing the eth0 device, using the "vortex"
driver.  Everything went smoothly then, and I had access to the Debian
site to get the updated packages.  I still haven't conquered the PCMCIA
problem, however.  But, if you have access to a docking station, that's
the way to go, IMHO.

-Rod Price