Re: Problems with pcmcia on potato (on Dell Latitude)

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:30:00AM -0800, Eric House wrote:
> > The /target/lib/modules/2.2.13 looks like it (may) be part of the pcmcia bug
> > in potato that I've noticed. I've seen that potato installs pcmcia support
> > and then fails to remove it even when you've asked it to.
>
> It's failing to copy the files to /lib/modules.  I don't get to the point
> where it asks me if I want to remove it.

I had another thought, maybe not a terribly useful one. If I understand
correctly, you've been trying to install potato using the potato
boot-floppies.  As I recall, those boot-floppies are one of the main reasons
why potato has not yet been released as stable, because of bugs in the boot
floppies.  Have you tried checking the Debian bug reports at www.debian.org?
Has anyone else there reported the same sort of problems with the /target
directory?  Or in the Debian developers mailing list?  There's an archive of
mailing lists at the Debian site.

I hope you can figure it out.

Drew