RE: Problems with pcmcia on potato (on Dell Latitude)

Phew. Sounds crazy.

Try rsync to move the .o modules, using rsync -avz, which will preserve
permissions and all that.

I assume you have checked to make sure that the xircom card is supported, by
model #, on linuxdoc.org? You don't have the model# here, or I'd go check it
for you.

I wonder if it's the card, but it looks as though it's something else. Did
you look in /target/var/log for error msgs? They are, I'm pretty sure,
written in there. If not there, they'd be in /var/log on the ramdisk (get to
with ALT-F2) during the net install. That's where I'd look.

Hope some of this helps. Can you trade cards ;>

I'd suggest doing the fresh install with potato, anyway: the perl and kernel
upgrade makes it kind of annoying if you're doing slink dist-upgrade (IMHO)

Regards,

Glen