Re: Xircom cem56 hot swap

Joost Claessen wrote:

> Hello peole,
>
> I have a toshiba 320CDT laptop whit a cem56 Xircom ethernet/modem cart.
> Latly whem I remove the cart while running (hot swapping, yeh!) the
> pcmcia cardmanager remove the module corectly, but if I insert the cart
> again it pcmcia manager load the memory module instead of the xircom module.
> Strangely the happens not if I am not connected to a network.
>
> Has anyone experienced this also? Does anyone know a solution?
> Thanx for any help.

I have the same card and also get similar problems on occasion.  What is
happening in my case is that DHCP is getting stuck on something when I
am not connected to a network - if I kill a running dhcp process and
then re-insert the card it all starts to work again.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
            Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@cat-it.co.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267