Thanks!

Thanks to all those who responded to my question about memory beyond
64Meg on an IBM 560Z Thinkpad.

Thanks to the suggestions, I solved the problem by adding

append="mem=130496k"

to my lilo.conf.  The funny memory number (i.e. NOT 128M) is needed
because the Thinkpad hardware grabs the highest memory for itself ---
don't know why.  This was pointed out by Russell Coker.  130496k is
what the BIOS reports at bootup.  Using "128M" caused the machine to
hang during bootup.

I suspect the "best" solution would be to move up to a 2.2 based
kernel, but I just don't have the time, and this works.

So, thanks again for the help.

Biff

PS -- By the way, Russell, I really like the Thinkpads as well.  I had
one with the "butterfly" style keyboard until it got stolen. That was
a great machine for travel.  The 560Z has been a nice machine, too (my
first laptop running Linux!), and IBM's service (at least under warranty)
has been excellent.

--
Dr. William A. Heindl
CASS/UCSD-0424       email: biff@ucsd.edu