Re: eth0(pcmcia) network not starting up at bootup.

Are we all using potato?? On my machine, it is like this:

- /etc/init.d/network starts lo;
- /etc/init.d/networking starts eth0 (not pcmcia ones), the config file
  is on /etc/network/interfaces, which is used by ifup and ifdown
- /etc/init.d/pcmcia starts cardmgr, which waits for the insertion of cards;
- /etc/pcmcia/network.opts is the configuration for network pcmcia cards;
- /usr/sbin/pcnetconfig is a program to help configuring pcmcia network cards.

Pollywog> On 05-Jan-2000 Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:

>> /etc/init.d/network is the script that start network. So in this
>> case, it starts bothe lo and eth0 interface.

Pollywog> Thanks.  That is where I have my scripts on my desktop.  I
Pollywog> believe the links are incorrect and that is the cause of my
Pollywog> problems.

--
Germano Leichsenring
  Kobe University