Re: eth0(pcmcia) network not starting up at bootup.

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 06:04:41PM +0900, Germano Leichsenring wrote:
> Are we all using potato?? On my machine, it is like this:
Not sure, but all intel machine, including powerpc  and my own laptop (totally 6)
that I have acces to are running potato.

> - /etc/init.d/network starts lo;
> - /etc/init.d/networking starts eth0 (not pcmcia ones), the config file
>   is on /etc/network/interfaces, which is used by ifup and ifdown
I still relie on /etc/init.d/network to start my ethernet since all machine
is quite static. They are online almost all the time, except for some hw
experiments.

> - /etc/init.d/pcmcia starts cardmgr, which waits for the insertion of cards;
> - /etc/pcmcia/network.opts is the configuration for network pcmcia cards;
> - /usr/sbin/pcnetconfig is a program to help configuring pcmcia network cards.

same

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                       <chanop@syeng.anu.edu.au>           |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU Hurd           ICQ uin 11366301                        |