PCMCIA time out after a 'dist-upgrade'

Hello,

I installed debian 2.2 from an official CD set (it's
the third time I use those CDs, and I never had any
problems before). Everything worked, my pcmcia modem
was correctly recognised and was working well.

Yesterday i made a dist-upgrade with the security
updates, and I installed the custom kernel and pcmcia
modules I made and used previously.

And now every time i insert my modem card (or my
ethernet card, or my calluna HD) i have no beeps, and
the following message: 'cs: socket 1 (or 0) timed out
during reset'.

I'm using the same configuration files as before (i
re-installed debian because my HD crashed, so
everything was working before the crash), so I don't
understand what's going on !!

Has anyone an idea ?

My modem card is still working under win98, so the
PCMCIA controller is not broken.

Thanx for any help

Sebastien

Vous avez un site perso ?
2 millions de francs à gagner sur i(france) !
Webmasters : ZE CONCOURS ! http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/concours.emailif