Re: Budget Laptop for Linux?

This depends alot on what you wan't to use it for. My Compaq Armada has a 850 MB HD, which is plenty for my use ( although an extra gig, never hurts :-). It's an 75 MHz Pentium processor with 16 MB RAM, enough for fvwm, XF4 and emacs. I tried using gnome on it, but that was simple too much for it. If i had to chooce between extra MHz extra HD or extra RAM, i think i would go for RAM, that would make compiling c, running python and translating latex documents, a lot easier.
Just my 5 cents.

--
Best Regards / Venlig Hilsen
	Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen