Re: Toshiba Satellite Boot problems

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 08:25:24PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> csnyder@linuxfreemail.com writes:
>
> > I have gotten ahold of 3 Toshiba Satellite T1960CS/200 Laptop
> > computers.  I wanted to install Debian on it, but I have had
> > problems with the boot disk.  I have used the Potato Stable version,
> > and have tried the Normal, Compact, and IDEPCI boot disk.  The
> > Normal and IDEPCI give me a "boot failure" on the screen, and will
> > do nothing else, the Compact seems like it is going to boot, but
> > then switches and tries to boot off of the hard drive.
>
> Woah, that's the first report I've had which sounds pretty firmly to
> be a syslinux problem.  Do you think you could email the syslinux
> maintainer?  Use <syslinux@packages.debian.org>, I've CC'd 'em.

Come to mention it, I've had problems with the potato boot disk too, on a
Toshiba 490CDT.  It won't boot off the CD, just doesn't see it, if I recall
correctly.  Other CDs (e.g. slink, what I originally installed Debian off)
boot fine, so I thought it might have just been a poor quality CD.  But when
I checked it on someone else's computer, it booted fine on their computer.
Strange.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A