Re: Compiling a kernel...

G'Day !

Last time I installed the kernel sources (2.2.x), I noticed the documents no
longer tell you to link the header files to the /include directories.  Is this
no longer required ?

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    Q89029292
                    <q8902929@topaz.c        To:     Michael Dickey <mcdickey@zdnetonebox.com>
                    qu.edu.au>               cc:     debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
                                             Subject:     Re: Compiling a kernel...
                    11/14/00 08:01 PM

Hi,
Try "$make mrproper" before using "$make menuconfig" if that works use
"$make-kpkg kernel-image" which will compile the kernel and package it
into a .deb package then use dpkg to install it.

Cheers,

Peter Firmstone.