Re: PCMCIA Modules - do I need the sources?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Stephan Fabel wrote:

> On 15.11.00 (21:53), Q89029292 wrote:
> > Personally I like to compile pcmcia-cs myself, its not difficult just
> > execute these three commands from the pcmcia-source root directory;
> > $ make config (then usually hit enter to select defaults)
> > $ make all
> > $ make install
>
> Thanks. Do I need the Debian source package, or can I just download
> the tarball?

Step-by-step instructions to install your own kernel and pcmcia modules:

apt-get install pcmcia-source kernel-package kernel-source-2.2.17
cd /usr/src
tar xIvf kernel-source-2.2.17.tar.bz2
cd kernel-source-2.2.17
make xconfig  (or config or menuconfig)
make-kpkg --revision=custom.1 kernel-image
make-kpkg modules-image
cd ..
dpkg -i kernel-image-2.2.17 pcmcia-modules-2.2.17

These steps don't need anything that's not part of the Debian binary
distribution.

--
Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan