Re: Current developments with InterMezzo

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry [shaleh@valinux.com] wrote:

> myself and several developers are watching the lists.  I have been
> lurking since the list was created.  Once they have a robust setup,
> i suspect it will appear in debian quickly.  I still have
> apprehension over trusting my filesystem to perl.

Why is perl a danger?

I thought one advantage of InterMezzo was that it makes use of normal
filesystems.  Ie, you have an ext2, ext3 or ReiserFS underneath and
the perl stuff is really for higher level transactions.  Surely perl
is reliable and appropriate for this higher level stuff???  Maybe
not??

Cheers,

Mark.

--