Re: multiple kernels fandango.

I bothered to mention it, hate to reply to myself, but I did find the
answer.

I suppose I'll have to file it as a bug for modutils package, that the
obvious backup files <foo>.dpkg-old really ought to be moved to some other
directory, or they'll haunt your poor little computer's dreams. Contrariwise,
if update-modules' automagical creation of /etc/modules.conf would have
skipped that old cruft... it would have been no problem...

To explain more clearly - in slink, the paths to look for modules had to
be stated somewhat explicitly, though it could at least cheat by using
`uname -r` or `kernelversion` in the paths.  In the new one, you don't have
to mention these things at all.  But also in the old one, a path was mentioned
which was above all the kernels - and I guess in the old way, it did not
recurse, and under the new conditions it did.  What a mess.

Anyways, have a better day than me :)

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...