Re: thinkpad 760el and X4

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 04:01:18PM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:

[snip]

> > What does it mean if X runs but I can't see it?
>
> i have a completely different chipset from you (and different model of
> machine), but i also had xfree86 4 difficulties that might be similar
> -- though i can only say the symptom seems similar.
>
> in my case, removing the append line w/ apm=on from my lilo.conf and
> reinstalling lilo seemed to fix things (strangely, lilo complains when
> i run it under 2.4.0-test10, so i reboot using a 2.2.x kernel to run
> it there, where it works fine...).  i got this apm tip from the
> xfree86 site under "known problems" for my type of card.  perhaps you
> might look in a similar location for hints.

Thanks for the tip. I booted a non-apm kernel and nothing changed.  I
can't find this "known problems" section.  Is it in the driver status
page for 4.0.1?  Apparently not (or there are just no known problems
with my chipset/card).

[snip]

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson