Re: Hibernating Vaio..how

Debian List wrote:

> I set up a partition at the end of my drive which should be used for
> hibernating.  I have a sony pcg c1xs and am i supposed to just do apm
> -s.  Cause that doesnt suspend to disk.  What im really asking is how do
> you call the bios to take over and suspend everything to disk

Hello,

I bought my sony vaio refurbished.  It didn't come with the necessary partition
to do the hibernation functions.  You need to create the partition.  But what
you
really need is the phdisk.exe utitlity on your disk images that you got from
sony.
Not only does the partition need to be the right size, it must be of the right
type,
and then the utility tells the bios about the hibernation partition. Without all
of this
setup up propery it doesn't matter what keys you hit or apm -s.. it won't work.

But it should still suspend to dram nicely.

KG