Re: [Fwd: pcmcia ethernet card]

Tony Ho wrote:

> Hi There:
>
> I'm using Debian 2.2 with 3Com but the idea is the
> same...
>
> 1. Make sure you have installed the pcmcia package.
> You can check by looking for /etc/init.d/pcmcia folder
> and /etc/pcmcia.

Those all seem to be in order

> 2. To set up the IP, edit /etc/pcmica/networks.opt and
> fill in the IP address, netmask, network, broadcast
> DNS, gateway.

This all seems to be set up properly.  (I did try a few different
configurations to see if the error messages changed but they were always
the same)

> 3. Restart the pcmcia script by running
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart

tried it, no cigar.

It doesn't seem to be associating the network (or eth0) with the card in
the pcmcia slot.  Is there anyway to force it to do this?

thanks,
Andy