Re: How to install debian package on Redhat Linux.

At 05:31 PM 10/23/00 -0400, Benjamin F. Zhou wrote:
Hi,

I have an old notebook compaq Armada with Redhat 6.1 and 24MB RAM.

I want to replace the fat enlightment with a thinner window manager but still retain
some of the comfort user interface.
 Which alternative wm should I choose ?

thanks
Ben

1) What does this have to do with installing a .deb package on a RH system, since most wm's come in any flavor you can think of (.deb, .rpm, and .tar.gz)?

 and

2) You might look into IceWM, or WindowMaker or AfterStep.
If you want to try a really fast and slim wm, try BlackBox. Not as slick as E but still fairly configurable and themeable. Blackbox is definitely a good one for older slower systems (I use it both on my Debian Pentium 150 laptop and my old 486/66 RH6.2 desktop).