Re: Cd Burner / scsi stuff

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 11:04:42AM -0500, David Smock wrote:
> I've got a Dell Inspiron 5000, and im looking to get a burner.
>
> It's been suggested that I get an Adaptec Miniscsi carbus card, and hook a
> plextor burner to it.  I'm looking for a good balance of price and speed in my
> options - i know a parallel port is out and USB isnt a good idea, so is a scsi
> card my only option?

About USB, I was looking at the Linux USB page recently, and it doesn't seem
to be quite nearly not a good idea as it used to be.  That is, it is
apparently working just fine!

I was checking out the 250MB zip drives and a couple of printers.  They used
to have problems, but apparently with the 2.2.17 kernel they've started
working.

I haven't tried it myself, but it would seem there's no need to be in such a
rush to dis USB these days.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A